At a recent trade show, I was asked a few times the same question.
“Because your product is natural or plant-based how do I know if it works”?
(In reference to our best seller HmR Natural Bio-Active Hemorrhoidal Ointment)
As I begin to explain the benefits of HmR Hemorrhoidal Ointment over the conventional brands I would then notice that their eyes begin to become glassy and they start looking for an escape from my passionate oration. I know the topic is not the most fascinating for someone who just wants relief from an uncomfortable situation however I like to think that it would more informative than watching mindless TV ads that tell you nothing about how their product works? Maybe some expensive TV ads provide some level of assurance that the product works however I decided that when I had a few free minutes I would try to explain this in an easier to understand method. Here goes…
- Petroleum jelly and mineral oil make up 86% of the total formulation! These ingredients are used as the base of the ointment and act as a lubricant to make bowel movements less uncomfortable. My thoughts on mineral oil here.
- Phenylephrine, a decongestant with in my opinion some shaky research on its efficacy and safety (recommend to research this on your own if interested).
In addition, this 50-year-old formula also gives you non-medicinal ingredients such as benzoic acid, BHA, corn oil, glycerin, lanolin, methylparaben, mineral oil, paraffin, propylparaben, thyme oil, vitamin E and lastly a pet peeve ingredient shark liver oil (from endangered deepwater marine sharks).
So how does HmR Hemorrhoidal Ointment work, why is it a better, healthier choice?
HmR Hemorrhoidal provides the following properties all in one 28g tube;
(1) Anti-inflammatory – to reduce swelling and pain
(2) Veno-tonic – to promote vein blood circulation and strengthen the vein cell wall
(3) Anti-itch – the olive wax base and natural emollients like argan oil, aloe, and seabuckthorn provide healing and protective properties for delicate and compromise skin tissue
What kind of ingredient extracts do all of this?
The well-established phytotherapy research on Witch Hazel, Butchers Broom, Organic Chamomile Flower Oil, Aloe Vera, Olive Wax, Argan Oil, Grapeseed Extract, Beta-Glucan (from Oats).
From this, you can understand why our product costs more especially as petroleum and its derivatives are so cheap to manufacture. I say who wouldn’t spend a few extra dollars to buy a more efficacious healthier product.